Top Reasons to Choose Winnipeg as your destination!
• Winnipeg is the diversity capital of Canada. Our architecture, people, cuisine, languages spoken, festivals, special events, cultural offerings and facilities are some of the most unique and interesting in the country. We are a multicultural place where our diversity is celebrated and promoted.
• Winnipeg is one of the most affordable cities in Canada. Accommodation choices range from modern web-enabled high-tech marvels to cozy bed and breakfast homes to familiar modern regional and international brands... even an historical castle with old world charm.
• Winnipeg is at the geographic centre of the continent – what could be more convenient? Arrive fresh and ready to enjoy! No more red-eye flights back to the office. Your flights are shorter and more cost effective. Once in Winnipeg, you are only 15 minutes from anywhere you want to be.
• Experienced people throughout our facilities and properties make doing business here quick and easy. Unique venues such as Fort Gibraltar - a full sized wooden replica of a frontier fort, or a stunning historical jewel - the 1911 newly refurbished CIBC Bank building, with marble, stained glass, carvings and intricate frieze make your event memorable. Use a museum gallery as a reception facility or let one of our two ultra modern casinos host your group.
• Winnipeg is a destination with four distinct seasons. This brings a variety of options. Take in the Festival du Voyageur in February for Cajun music, dog sled racing and enjoy the “joie de vivre” of French Canadian Culture. Winnipeg is one of the sunniest places in Canada. Summer means golf! Take a break and golf at one of the 28 courses in and around the city or play on one of the many rural courses within an hour of the city.
• Winnipeg is home to a world-class arts community. The ballet, theatre, visual arts, opera, contemporary dance, jazz, pop, blues, symphonic music and multicultural experiences are rated by the Globe and Mail as being some of the best in the country. And best of all, it's so affordable you can include everyone.
• Winnipeg is the perfect location to for all interests. Shop in eclectic boutiques in interesting neighborhoods for one-of-a-kind treasures. Have a ball cheering on the Winnipeg Goldeyes baseball team. The Manitoba Children’s Museum has tons of interactive fun for kids and the Museum of Man and Nature and the Planetarium have many interesting exhibits and shows year round. The Fort Whyte Alive, Oak Hammock Marsh and the lovely Assiniboine Park provide the outdoor adventure for one and all.
• Winnipeg chefs blend influences from around the world, then add in local specialties like golden caviar, pickerel, bison or some of Manitoba’s abundant grains, berries or vegetables to make some of the most unique culinary creations in Canada.